Creating Geo-databases in Arc Map
What is a Geodatabase:
- A geodatabase is the common data storage and management framework for all the ArcGIS Products. It combines Geo (spatial data) with Database (data repository) to create a central data repository for all the spatial data storage and management in your ArcGIS platform.
- It can be leveraged in desktop, server, or mobile environments and allows you to store GIS data in a central location for easy access and management.
Arc-map geodatabase can be created using various way:
- Manually creating through Arc-Catalog
- Using the Model workflow to create it Programmatic-ally
- Using the Python integrated to Create Geodatabase Programmatic
- Model for Creating Feature Class
|Model to create Geodatabase in ArcGIS|
AddField will add a column to the newly created Feature class and can be populated with the user defined values
The Search, Insert or Update cursor can be used to manipulate the values present in the new Feature class
For achieving the above functionality it is advised to write a python code using the arcpy library.
To know more detailed step by step information about the creating a feature class in the Geodatabase
Click here - Create Geodatabase Feature Class - PDF